ADCON Consultants, Inc.
2465 North 50th Street
Bala Building, Suite 10E
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Phone: (215) 877-8210
Fax: (215) 877-8150
We are always looking for skilled and experienced professionals, engineers, project managers, inspectors, planners, schedulers, cost estimators, and technical personnel. Please feel free to forward your resume to our office.
POSITION FOR REGISTERED ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
Adcon Consultants Inc. is currently looking for a Professional Electrical Engineer who will be assigned various projects throughout The School District of Philadelphia. This individual must be registered in PA, but does not have to satisfy all of the below requirements.Typical projects will include boiler/chiller plant replacement, fire alarm systems, electrical service, re-lighting, emergency generator and elevator replacements, and new HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems for classroom modifications. Please contact Lawrence Dibor at 215-913-9033 or at firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest convenience.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Development of scope for Capital Projects –inspection, assessment, preliminary design, preparation of formal scope determination report
- Selection and management of outside Design Consultant – prepare RFP, approve design proposals, technical review of design documentation, approval of payment
- Execution of the permit, advertisement and bidding process – prepare bid specifications, meet prospective contractors, work through L&I and other agencies
- Design support during construction
- Complete inspections and issue assessment reports and directives to other School District departments, such as Facilities, Maintenance and Environmental Services
- Design and Assessment experience in low to mid-rise commercial structures utilizing concrete, steel and masonry materials, and both shallow and deep foundations.
- Working knowledge of building envelope systems, both current and historical (1900- present) including roof systems, cavity walls, mass masonry walls, terra cotta, etc.
- Working knowledge of Building Codes (City of Philadelphia, IBC) and material Codes (AISC, ACI)
- Experience with the Building Permit process in the City of Philadelphia
- Ability to write both technical documents for those experienced in the construction industry as well as to communicate technical concepts to professionals and decision makers outside of the industry
- Ability to self-perform design and documentation of small structural projects, such as small façade repairs, mechanical dunnage, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Adobe Suite, and Autocad
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering
- Professional Engineer’s License in Pennsylvania
- A minimum of 7 years of paid professional experience in school buildings and facilities’ design, construction and assessment is required
2465 North 50th Street Bala Building, Suite 10E Philadelphia, PA 19131 (P) (215) 877-8210 (F) (215) 877-8150
PA Unified Certified Minority Business Enterprise,
City of Philadelphia, SBA 8(a), Septa, PennDOT, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and The School District of Philadelphia (Pre-Qualified)
Construction/Project Management Engineering